S.M.R.C.C. aims to promote interest in all aspects of Amateur Radio as a hobby. Key features:-
- Our Morse practice sessions are for new operators who wish to develop their skills in CW operating. They start at 19:30 on Tuesday evenings just before the FM 'phone net. Frequency 145.475 MHz or thereabouts.
- Our weekly Thursday night face-to-face group meetings are currently suspended. Instead we gather on 2-metre FM close to 145.475 MHz. Visitors are welcome to join the net.
- Normally we have a programme of weekly talks at a variety of technical levels. This will resume when possible.
- We have a large shack with HF and VHF transceivers, and a workbench with a selction of test equipment.
- Weekly member nets run on HF SSB 3,637 kHz Sunday morning 08:30 and 10:15; VHF FM near 145.475 MHz; Tuesday evening at 20:00
- Foundation, Intermediate and Advanced courses with access to our on-line training environment
- Morse proficiency classes
- Radio, computing and electronic experimentation
- Propagation studies - see www.rsgb.org.uk/psc
- Monthly Technical Forums
Membership costs just £30.00 per year.
To find out more drop into one of our meetings (location and time at bottom of this page) or join in one of our on-air nets—you will be assured of a warm welcome.
You can also follow us on Twitter or Facebook:-
or visit our stand at one of the events below :-
But note that the Norbreck rally is cancelled for 2020 but Norbreck is booked for April 25th 2021.