S.M.R.C.C. aims to promote interest in all aspects of Amateur Radio as a hobby. Key features:-
- Our weekly Thursday night face-to-face group meetings have resumed. We have technical lectures, group discussions, and Morse classes.
- We meet on-air in weekly nets on the 3.5, 50 and 145 MHz bands. See the net lists below. Visitors are welcome to join any net and chat with Club members.
- Monday at 20:00 LT our digital chatroom net using YSF GB-SMRCC
- Tuesday 20:00 find us on or near 145.475 MHz FM.
- Wednesday at 20:00 find us on the 6-metre frequency of 51.530 MHz..
- Foundation, Intermediate and Advanced courses with access to on-line training environment
- Morse proficiency files. For e-mail practice files contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Radio, computing and electronic experimentation
- Microcontrollers are an important interest amongst our members.
At Present the club callsigns G2HW and GX2HW issued for use by SMRC members by OFCOM and under authorization from an ex SMRC member are not in use by SMRC. For further understanding on club callsigns can be found in OFCOMS document;
Membership costs just £30.00 per year. If you wish to join or re-join the club please download the membership form and follow the instructions (Membership Application Form .doc)
Our Constitution can be downladed here Final Constitution - 2023.pdf
To find out more drop into one of our meetings (location and time at bottom of this page) or join in one of our on-air nets—you will be assured of a warm welcome). or send an email to use and we will get back to you at email@example.com
You can also follow us on Twitter or Facebook:-
or visit our stand at one of the events below :-
The Norbreck rally in Blackpool is on Sunday April 21th 2024.