S.M.R.C.C. aims to promote interest in all aspects of Amateur Radio as a hobby. Key features:-
- Our weekly Thursday night face-to-face group meetings have resumed. We have technical lectures, group discussions, and Morse classes for budding CW operators.
- Our Morse practice sessions are for new operators who wish to develop their skills in CW operating. They start at 19:15 on Tuesday evenings. Frequency 3,553 kHz or thereabouts. Listen for GX2HW, G4TFU, M0IYP.
- We meet on-air in weekly nets on the 3.5, 50 and 145 MHz bands. See the net lists below. Visitors are welcome to join any net and chat with Club members.
- Weekly nets run on Sundays to Fridays to discuss the A to Z of technical issues using different bands and modes. Visitors welcome.
- Sunday HF SSB on 3,660 kHz at 08:00 and sometimes 3,637 kHz at 10:30 LT. Both run by GX2HW
- Monday at 20:00 LT our digital chatroom net using YSF GB-SRRCC
- Tuesday 19:15 our 80-metre Morse net near 3,553 kHz runs at 18 wpm.
- Tuesday 20:00 find us on or near 145.475 MHz FM.
- Wednesday at 20:00 find us on the 6-metre frequency of 51.530 MHz.
- Friday at 20:00 LT is our Technical Topics net on 2-metre FM run by GX3UHF near 145.475 MHz.
- Foundation, Intermediate and Advanced courses with access to our on-line training environment
- Morse proficiency classes. For e-mail practice files contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Radio, computing and electronic experimentation
- Propagation studies - see www.rsgb.org.uk/psc
- Microcontrollers are an important interest amongst our members.
Membership costs just £30.00 per year.
To find out more drop into one of our meetings (location and time at bottom of this page) or join in one of our on-air nets—you will be assured of a warm welcome.
You can also follow us on Twitter or Facebook:-
or visit our stand at one of the events below :-
The Norbreck rally in Blackpool is on Sunday April 24th 2022. Sale Festival may run on Sunday June 19th 2022 if it goes ahead.